Sunday, March 14, 2010

It has been a good day.

I was waved off last night for four hours, so I took a nap and ate a burrito.

Then they failed, utterly and completely, to call me in for the remaining eight hours of the shift.

For those of you who haven't been following along perhaps as closely as you should've, that means I got to sleep in the dark at wake up at 0730 (adjusted time).

Last night I went to bed after a charming email and a bottle of pale ale. This morning I woke to cats who, against their wills, had not destroyed the house, a dog who was so happy to have his belly rubbed that he invented new grumble-sounds, and a package from Friend Pens the Lotion Slut on the front porch.

By nine this morning I had gone grocery shopping, cleaned the fridge, and run the dishwasher. This afternoon I spent mowing the back yard and getting about six million new freckles (hooray! It's freckle season!). Tomorrow I'll do the front yard and dig the dead stuff out of the front beds, then make a chocolate cake with Italian cream icing. Overnight, I'll do laundry.

And then the night-shifting starts again. It's been a blessing, though, to have a couple of days to be a real person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Freckle season!

Im so stealing that!

Unknown said...

Here I am! Comment as promised :-)

Glad you got some decent sleep!

Helen