Saturday, November 07, 2009

The problem with having a clumsy cat...


...is that he tries to jump up in your lap while you're blogging, and this is the result:



Owie. Owie owie ow owowowow.

I have cussed and poured myself a Scotch and put peroxide (bad) and Bacitracin (better) on it, and now I need to go apologize to Flashes for scaring him half to death when he was only trying to be sweet.

The bitch of it is that I was just getting rid of the other kitteh-inflicted scars and weightlifting bruises on my legs, and now this. My jammy-pants will need some help in the morning, I can already tell.

6 comments:

JacquiBee said...

My Baby (7kgs of fluff) Igor, likes to come up when Im not watching and stretch himself up and give mummmy a few new claw holes. I have a ring of them around me about butt height, I feel perforated and hope I won't tear off. I sympathize with the owieeness

John S said...

Some years ago a co-worker came in and winced every time she moved. L, I said, what's wrong?

Seems she usually slept nude, and had to be up in the bathroom in the middle of the night. As she was sitting on the throne, her cat leaped to the back of the tank - and discovered that porcelain was very slippery, while L's back was quite useful to sink claws into to slow a poor kitty's fall.

Fortunately, L had a friend to treat the new stripes on her back.

Northwoods Baby said...

I beat this. My fat cat tried to jump into my lap when I was post-shower and not yet dressed. Epic jumping fail.

Did you know that the inside of your labia majora will heal remarkably fast after being torn open? It's true!

What's with all the nudes and kitteh injuries, btw?

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oww!

Hope the scotch proved therapeutic! Maybe pour some in kitty's bowl too so he has less ability to plan surprise attacks in the future, however well-intended.

Molly said...

I'm just now healing up a similar set of gouges on my hand. Damn cats.

Jo said...

The sad thing is, Northwoods, that I was dressed in flannel pajama pants when this happened. They're now blood-stained flannel pajama pants. *sigh*