Friday, December 23, 2005

Let us all sing praises....

To the Best Boyfiend Ever (Chef Boy)...

...who took my antisocial, biting cat to the vet today to be kennelled for the Christmas holiday. She hates everybody but him. I think this is a very good sign.

To Amazing Nurses' Aides...

...who meet the doctor you've paged STAT when your patient goes into anaphylactic shock and are able to tell her exactly what time things started going south and what you've done so far, including dosages.

...and who deal, without complaint, with a paraplegic patient who I've just fed lots of laxatives to because he hasn't had a bowel movement in a week...

...and who manage, even when things are going to Absolute Hell, to make one patient after another laugh.

To The Talented Young Doctor Mike...

...who always manages something snarkier than I could ever have thought up on the spur of the moment...

To Doctor Bob...

...who brings me pictures of his Siamese cat unwrapping Christmas presents and thus turns a horrible day into a funny, bearable one...

To Glenda from the lab...

...who understands that STAT means STAT and who always, always gets her blood on the first try...

To my fellow nurses...

...who wipe butt when I have no time, who handle crises when I have no brain, and who remind me what on earth I got into this business for when I have no hope.

Happy Christmas, everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. And a happy Christmas to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Boyfiend huh? =) Seriously...this was a nice post. Merry Christmas to you too.

~J

Kim said...

Merry Christmas, this was a great post!