Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I have a lovely pair of shoes.

They're from Boden. They're plimsolls (in Boden-speak; we'd call 'em sneakers or Keds) made of cowhide. They're black with white dalmatian-type spots on them, and green satin trim.

I love them.

So, apparently, does Flashes. I heard growling and munching and snarling in the office and walked in to find him locked in Combat To The DEATH with one of the shoes.

I got it away from him. It is unharmed. He has reverted to killing his brother.

Why are my cats simultaneously so sweet and so weird?

6 comments:

Meagan said...

My kitten is the same way. Anything laying on the coffee table is fair game. As is, apparently, my feet. And shoes, and carpet lint, and my 4 yr old cat.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Why are they so sweet and so weird? My guess: so they fit in!?

shrimplate said...

Cats and dogs understand, unlike many humans, that there are some shoes that absolutely must die.

clairesmum said...

i'd blame the satin trim - i have a cat who is absolutely a nutter for ribbon - even after narrowly escaping major surgery when she was able to 'pass' a bit of ribbon that she had eaten!

Meagan said...

@clairesmum - I know the feeling! My 4yr old cat is obsessed with plastic. He'll lick it, chew it, eat it, whatever. If it's plastic, he loves. The kitten is just obsessed with everything that moves. Right now, she's battling a stuffed bear.

messymimi said...

They are sweet and weird so they can keep the staff, us, on our toes.