Monday, September 06, 2010

Not a bad day, per se, but sort of disheartening.

Stable CVA with new MI? Fine. Transfer him upstairs to CVCCU.

Hypertensive crisis? Good deal. Fix it, then transfer her to the floor.

Cerebellar bleed with an increase in ICP? Off you go to the SCCU for an emergency shunt placement.

Of course, I did come home four hours early. That was nice. I made an enormous salad for lunch tomorrow and reflected on how nice it would be if "The Extra Man" were playing right now, or, failing that, a re-screen of "The Triplets of Bellville."

Now I'm off to cuddle two kitties (who are grooming each other and purring loudly in Poppy's old green velvet chair) and drink beer. Because it's Labor Day, and seeing the results of your labor going off to other units is a little disheartening.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Sounds like the bittersweet of bottle raising kittens, only to see them adopted to forever homes.

It's what you want, it's a great outcome, but part of you is sad to see them go.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Happy half holiday and purring kitties.

Anonymous said...

Being a cat person, I understand the dynamics of cat love/hate relationships - not all that different from us I guess - but it's nice when things are going good.

At least when the fit hits the shan, claws are not ready to hand.

On another topic, some time ago your posted about what happens when extreme life-prolonging procedures are employed upon a loved one. Could you please provide the date of the post - my wife and I are doing advanced health-care directives and I would like to read it again?

Probably it would make a good link in the sidebar.

Thanks,

I'm a big fan.

GW