Sunday, July 25, 2010

No time, sore shoulder, but good news!

The Zoater's bloodwork came back normal. The only thing weird was an elevated level of monocytes which, Dr. Google reminds me, peak eight to fourteen days after inflammation or infection sets in (or something like that).

The vet sounded surprised: "It's really unusual that a dog his age would have such great numbers. But he's a good boy."

I think Max isn't sure what his name is any more. He went to a party the other night (I was invited but wasn't up to it) and got praises and belly-rubs and little bits of shrimp and perhaps a tiny sip of dark beer or two. When I wandered out back, he was surrounded by a bevy of beautiful babes, all telling him what a good, what a beautiful, what a sweet boy he is. I think he thinks his name is "Handsome" or "Gorgeous" or "Oh, hi there."

It bothers me not at all that my dog is invited to parties which I choose not to attend. He came back strutting, if dogs can strut, and slept like a log all night.

Don't stop with the good vibes, folks. If you can stand to add one more to your list in addition to the Zib-Nose Scronkle-Hound, there is a certain kitten in Colorado who needs a good home, having almost been left in a dumpster at a local Petco.

And thanks. People sometimes suck, but you guys certainly don't.




9 comments:

bobbie said...

I'm glad your baby is OK!!!

Cartoon Characters said...

OMG I would totally take another cat but i already have 4. Definitely positive vibes help. I would pray if i thought that might help too.

painting with fire said...

So glad the labs were good!

Bardiac said...

Glad to hear such good news about your good boy!

AtYourCervix said...

Thank goodness!!!! I'm taking my 11 yr old dog in for a check later this week. He has mysterious fleshy growths that have appeared on his torso :-(

messymimi said...

I will continue to pray for Max.

Also, I agree about people. I work with a cat rescue group here, and we routinely get kittens left in dumpsters, or tied up in pillowcases and thrown into the road, or even worse.

I hope for a good home for that cat, and all the others out there neglected and suffering.

ccsutton said...

Finn and I are thrilled! Happy news.

texas nursing schools said...

Glad your dog is okay. I just lost mine and I'm just thinking he is at dog heaven. I'm missing my Mimi.

Lioness said...

Oh I'm relieved, RELIEVED! I can imagine how you are felling! Excellent news!