Monday, June 28, 2010

Why I hate working with Indian nurses

Because Indian nurses will, once they find out you like Indian food, start bringing you little tasty tidbits to try, including these crispy fried bits of rice flour and sesame and cumin that they press out of a gun into oil and bring still warm from the stove, and they'll shove the bag at you and say, Here, Try This, I Know You'll Like It, and then you'll be tasting something that's garlic and cumin and sesame and apparently dusted with crack, and no matter how much you protest that no, you're really back on your diet, you will find an entire quart-sized baggie of them in your purse when you go to reach for your car keys.

And then there will be nothing to do but eat them in the car, and that means you'll have to have a glass of wine when you get home.

And that is why I hate working with Indian nurses.

(But not really.)

Please bring more of the crispy little snackitudes of doom. Thank you.

9 comments:

Alpine, R.N. said...

My personal downfall are Pekora veggies. They are fantastic. I could eat, like, my body weight in them, especially with mango chutney. I will even eat them when they are not veggies I normally LIKE, because they are wonderful. It's a problem.

Adirondack Autumn said...

Gee, I wonder if Dr. S makes those tasty little balls of sweet doom! They sound delish!...Or maybe Dr. D...

Sigh...

MamaDoodle said...

I'm very jealous! The only thing that I don't like about working with school nurses is the healthy eating thing. Seems we've always got to be good examples of healthy, nutritious living. I'd really like to see something besides a veggie tray at a nurses' meeting sometime! Can't a girl get a cupcake?

messymimi said...

Friendly pushers, who give it to you free. That was always my diet downfall, too.

L said...

Had to laugh! Yes they have a tendency to bring lots of yummy goodies!!! I work with 4 Indian nurses.

jwg said...

Recipe please. My son-in-law is Indian and I'd love to surprise him.

Maha said...

You hate working with Indian nurses. I hate working with Thai nurses. There are 3 of them in my department. They make such delicious pad thai that I'm seriously considering giving up jeans forever and investing in stretchy pants so I can eat it to my heart's content. I'll never lose weight.

JacquiBee said...

At my work its not just food its plants. I have this mad chili plant that I am duty bound not to kill that taken me two years to coax into fruiting

woolywoman said...

OK, and what's with the nurses that are the best snack pushers being so thin? I just don't (speaking with mouth full) get it....