Sunday, June 20, 2010

Things that happened today:

1. A six-foot-three, two-hundred-twenty-pound patient with a subarachnoid hemorrhage decided to get all dicey on my ass while I was drawing blood from his arterial line. What a mess.

2. My cat got all obsessed with a) going outside, and b) removing the measuring tape from its casing. It is alternately funny and really loud in here.

3. The coworker who's been on light duty for the last six weeks finally started having regular contractions. While we were taking a patient to MRI. We timed them faithfully throughout the entire procedure.

4. Max shed four new puffballs in the house within ten minutes of coming in. The house is now covered with equal parts munge, dog-hair, and substances too nasty to think about, even on a nursing blog.

5. I took my antidepressant with beer.

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Antidepressants are great with beer!

Brandy said...

#5 is by far the best.

#3 a close second :)

woolywoman said...

OOH! You win. I only took a Vicodin with ice cream.

messymimi said...

To quote Bugs Bunny, "This is one of those days when I shoulda stood in bed."

shrimplate said...

What happened to the art line? Not pulled out, I hope.