Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Cephalopod

As some of you might know, I have a deep and abiding passion for octopi in all their forms. From itty-bitty ones on plates in schwanky restaurants in Montreal (so cute! so tasty!) to big ones in aquariums in Seattle (it's looking at me!), I love octopudlians.

In fact, during college I had a passionate semester-long affair with an octopus who lived in the basement of the science building, next to an extraordinarily bad-tempered alligator.

So when some poor scuba-diving schmo had his camera stolen by one of our eight-legged brothers, guess who I was rooting for?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love some tasty octupus, but have had dreadful times trying to cook it at home. So now I leave the cooking to restaurant folk who know what the heck they are doing!

bobbie said...

Way cool!!! TFS!

messymimi said...

Amazing and fascinating and smart creatures. I don't blame you for having a soft spot for them.

JacquiBee said...

Back when I was a kid I lived right on the shore of a harbour, every october after mating (I think) heaps of Octipods would beach themselves and lie about dying. I found a baby one and took it home for a pet. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. Maybe I took it back cos it was not going to stay in that bucket!