Sunday, June 07, 2009

There ain't nothing like a Dane, a sinus infection, and Scotch.

So I'm getting the mail today (I was too tired last night, due to this sinus infection I've got brewing) and I feel something cold....and wet....on my neck....and I hear heavy breathing.

Behind me, wagging his tail, is the down-the-street Great Dane, out on a walk with his people.

There ain't nothing like a Dane, I tell ya. As far as Stealth Fear dogs go, they rank near the top, especially when they've got uncropped ears and a long tail. Turn around and find a guy like that on your porch, looking at you eye to eye, and you'll use up your adrenaline for the month.

*** *** *** *** *** 

Sinus infection. Yeah. Hate 'em. Got a couple of things to write, and a couple of deadlines to meet, and nothing is going to be happening (sorry, Hannah!) until after I get some antibiotics and some cough stuff. Scotch is good and all, but I can't keep drinking it in the quantities necessary to keep a) the cough at bay and b) some sort of functionality in my brain. The costs are too high. My liver is already on strike this month.

*** *** *** *** ***

Note to My Favorite Resident: I understand that you really need to get ahold of whoever it is you need to get ahold of, and that you've given me six phone numbers that might work for that person.

Please understand, on your end, that I have spent most of three hours calling those six numbers over and over and over and over and.... and have still not gotten any sort of response. I've left messages, I've paged people, I've called repeatedly. Is that clear? Nobody is responding. If your attending managed to raise somebody at those numbers a week ago, good on him--whatever he did worked, so maybe you should call *him* and task him with reaching those folks. 

Whatever you decide, please don't yell at me.

*** *** *** *** ***

And, finally, a little Sunday Night Lindy to get you in gear for the week:

Please note the young woman in the nurse cap. That, my friends, is what every day at Sunnydale General is like.



4 comments:

One Nurse said...

I just have one question. How many people were injured in the making of this video. AMAZING!!!

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

Well, I sure am tired now...

GingerJar said...

Wow....and the hip-hoppers think they are energetic!!!!!! Love your blog...as always. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

danielle said...

Actually, all that frenetic movement is what it does feel like at work sometimes! Lots of movement - and very little accomplished!

The other part of me - sitting like a beached whale on the couch for the next few months - is very very jealous at all that movement and NOT ONE FALL!!!!