Saturday, January 15, 2005

Fascinating, Doctor.

I have the flu.

The real, live, honest-to-God flu. The sort that gets you a prescription for Tamiflu and a little mask to wear out of the minor emergency clinic. The sort that lets you know it has you the moment you wake up in the morning and start to move--or start to *try* to move.

It surprises me not at all that people die from this. I was wanting to quite enthusiastically while in the doctor's office. When the nurse practitioner walked in, I had just burst into tears, I felt so incredibly bad. She was very kind and swabbed my throat, gave me a Sprite, and sent me on my way.

Two aspirin, a Tamiflu, some toast and guaifenesin and a nap later, I feel almost human. What gets me is that this is apparently one of the mild strains that showed up too late, or something, to be included in the flu shot this year. I'm glad I didn't get a *bad* case.

Please disinfect your computer now.

No comments: