Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why I love my shrink, Dr. Dink

(Because this is totally random and just came to me as I was trying to compose a very frustrated blog post about the bugnuts patients I've had lately. I decided to do cute instead.)

Dr. Dink has a dog. His dog is a laborador mix who's been trained as a therapy dog and wears his cute little yellow vest every day. He's black, with big brown soulful eyes.

I see Dr. Dink once a year, long enough to tell him Yeah The Meds Are Working Everything's Great.

This time, Snooger (dog) came back into the office with us and curled up on the couch with me. I reflexively started patting Snooger's head and belly. He ended up on his back with his head on my lap, sound asleep from belly rubs.

Dr. Dink glanced up from my chart and at his watch. "Well, that's taken us exactly five minutes, but I hate to disturb the dog. Tell me, then: how did you learn to hang wallboard?"

We chatted about house renovations for fifteen minutes, until Snooger woke up.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

I wish I could find one like that, who knows when to leave well enough aline.

Uro*MA said...

I love that! Somethings are too precious to disturb!<3

Molly said...

I wish more shrinks had dogs. It's somehow much easier to talk about things with an understanding doggie nearby.