Thursday, January 07, 2010

My proudest moment this week...

...did not come when I did a pre-emptive panculture on a patient whose temperature never hit the panculture protocol point (say that five times fast), but whose temp was rising fast, and whose pancultures showed positive results this morning,

...nor did it come when I caught a med error that would've resulted in certain disaster,

...nor did it come when I explained a complex neurosurgical problem in words a five-year-old could've understood (more on that later).

It came when three of the best neurosurgeons in the country were fumbling through the new computer system, trying to figure out how to get to a particular note in the chart. Dr. Teeth asked for my help, so with three clicks and a scroll, I showed them all how to access what they needed.

"How did you do that so easily?" demanded Dr. Teeth.

"Gentlemen," I replied, "This is not brain surgery."


11 comments:

Haley Dawn said...

Love it!

Nosokomaniac said...

*clapping*

Christine said...

Bravo!
(Better than me mixing my metaphors - I recently said "It's not rocket surgery!")

Penny Mitchell said...

I. Love. You.

rebekah said...

Very Cool!

Anonymous said...

I hope they laughed.

R

anonymousRN said...

I second the "Bravo!"
:)

Halie said...

Ha! Great story! Very proud of you!

Heidi said...

HA! You rule.

Nurse Bear said...

I'm totally telling this story to everyone i know.

Stephanie Jewett, RN, MBA said...

Wonderful! Your blog is great. Stephanie