1. Moxie Fruvous might be the best band to cook to. Better than Indigo Girls, better than Joni Mitchell, even, though I prefer Joni Mitchell when I'm baking bread. There's something about "King of Spain" and the little shimmy-dance you can do to it that makes chicken pot pie come out really well.
2. The attitude of any given employee of a medical facility is inversely proportional to their skill. That observation includes me.
3. Every child should be taught touch-typing at a young age.
4. Sr. Cathleen and Sr. Mary Catherine of the Benedictine convent in Clyde, Missouri, make great lotion bars and soap. Green Tea scent is my favorite.
5. Brushing the top of your biscuit dough with a mixture of milk and melted butter (sorry, no exact proportions) will make the biscuits stay crunchy even in the microwave.
6. It is good to spend at least one afternoon of your days off in pajamas.
7. Honor Harrington (On Basilisk Station, A Short and Victorious War) undoes all the damage that years of Heinlein and Asimov females have done to me.
8. My boyfriend's sister-in-law is pretty cool for lending me her treasured copy of the first Honor Harrington story.
9. Anybody who feels that an IV-start certification will get them anywhere is probably sadly mistaken.
10. My cat is extremely strange. I have had nothing whatsoever to do with this.