1. Michael Jackson.
2. Any of the celebrities who slept in Michael Jackson's bed.
3. Ultra-super-duper long-lived mice with healthier hearts.
4. The men's rights movement.
5. Anything much going on in Kansas. I promise I'll care about that later.
(Apropos of which, I met somebody the other day, about my age, who actually believes the world is only 4,000-some years old. Given that almost nobody believed that idea *when it was postulated*, I think we should put her in a glass case. Amazing.)
6. Cholesterol. It's just too damn early.
8. What David Beckham is doing these days.
9. Laura Bush's comedy routine.
10. Merck Pharmaceuticals.
Why am I up this morning this early? On a day off, no less? Because Beloved Chef-Boy has to cook a Mother's Day brunch (plated, limited menu, special selections) and so has to be at work at 7 am. This is early for a chef, especially when he worked dinner the night before.
Wish your mom a happy Mom's Day. And reserve a few good wishes for those long-suffering members of kitchen crews who were up late last night and will be up early this morning.