Thursday, May 12, 2005

On the record, off the leash

I spent a pleasant hour yesterday chatting with a very nice woman named Janet Wells, who's doing an article on nursing blogs for Nurseweek magazine. Why on earth *I* seemed like a candidate for an interview I don't know; there are plenty of other nursing blogs both more sane and more nursey than mine.

There was only one point at which I had to say, "Wait! Wait! No! Don't write that down! That's off the record!" Given that I was simultaneously talking to her, knocking cobwebs off the ceiling with a broom, trying to unpack two boxes of books, keep the cat from going completely schizoid, and drink a beer, I'd be surprised if what she prints is comprehensible. The quotes from Jo will probably end up looking like this: "Urgh. Dammit. Ow! Silly cat! Nursing. OW!!"

That's me, the only undiagnosed Touretter ADD nursing blogger out there.

I guess I really ought to subscribe now, or at least find a copy, so I can tell if I translate well to print.

Oh, for those who were wondering (like anybody was), there will be no picture. I haven't got a digital camera, so Janet is on her own looking for a representation of a Typical Blogger.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool that you were included in her interview.. I agree with your comment "nursing ow!". Sometimes nursing can hurt especially when your patients don't follow medical advice and hurt themselves..

Anonymous said...

I sent her your way. She emailed me while I was in New Orleans at NTI and asked me what my favorite nurse blogs were. Of course, I mentioned yours, because it is one of my favorite blogs. :-)
I had my little interview on Friday. I'd also like to see just how well I translate into print after 3 hours of sleep and a 4.5 hour flight home!!

Anonymous said...

Well, it should be an intersting article. She even wanted to talk to me! I told her you and Geena were my favorite nurse's blogs...

Alas, I also didn't have a picture...

Can't wait to read the article (we get it at work)

HypnoKitten said...

I spoke to her also. She told me she talked to you guys already. The thing I remember most is that she wanted to define where I was from, and I told her "I'm from the internet- it's everywhere! I'm in your living room!" or something like that :)
I wish I knew when the issue was out. I'd like to see it.