Thursday, May 12, 2005

On the record, off the leash

I spent a pleasant hour yesterday chatting with a very nice woman named Janet Wells, who's doing an article on nursing blogs for Nurseweek magazine. Why on earth *I* seemed like a candidate for an interview I don't know; there are plenty of other nursing blogs both more sane and more nursey than mine.

There was only one point at which I had to say, "Wait! Wait! No! Don't write that down! That's off the record!" Given that I was simultaneously talking to her, knocking cobwebs off the ceiling with a broom, trying to unpack two boxes of books, keep the cat from going completely schizoid, and drink a beer, I'd be surprised if what she prints is comprehensible. The quotes from Jo will probably end up looking like this: "Urgh. Dammit. Ow! Silly cat! Nursing. OW!!"

That's me, the only undiagnosed Touretter ADD nursing blogger out there.

I guess I really ought to subscribe now, or at least find a copy, so I can tell if I translate well to print.

Oh, for those who were wondering (like anybody was), there will be no picture. I haven't got a digital camera, so Janet is on her own looking for a representation of a Typical Blogger.

5 comments:

Nurse Practitioners Save Lives said...

Very cool that you were included in her interview.. I agree with your comment "nursing ow!". Sometimes nursing can hurt especially when your patients don't follow medical advice and hurt themselves..

EmJC said...

Very very cool! Let us know when it comes out. As for the picture...blogging is like choosing radio over TV. It's more fun to "think* of what someone may look like sometimes.

geena said...

I sent her your way. She emailed me while I was in New Orleans at NTI and asked me what my favorite nurse blogs were. Of course, I mentioned yours, because it is one of my favorite blogs. :-)
I had my little interview on Friday. I'd also like to see just how well I translate into print after 3 hours of sleep and a 4.5 hour flight home!!

DisappearingJohn said...

Well, it should be an intersting article. She even wanted to talk to me! I told her you and Geena were my favorite nurse's blogs...

Alas, I also didn't have a picture...

Can't wait to read the article (we get it at work)

HypnoKitten said...

I spoke to her also. She told me she talked to you guys already. The thing I remember most is that she wanted to define where I was from, and I told her "I'm from the internet- it's everywhere! I'm in your living room!" or something like that :)
I wish I knew when the issue was out. I'd like to see it.