Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Product Reviews, #493

The Hypochondriac's Guide To Life. And Death. by Gene Weingarten

This book, which Beloved Sister sent me as a birthday present and which I opened early, is....really good. I mean, really, really good. Buy a copy. Laugh hysterically and stomp on the floor, and make your downstairs neighbor file a complaint with the apartment complex management. It is that good.

Part of the reason I love this book so much is that it explains the neurological exam in layman's terms, much more funnily than I could.

Four Emus Sauv Blanc/Semillon white wine, $4.89 on special at the Mini Mart

A good table white. It has a screw top, which facilitates drinking bottle number three or four, if you go that way. It's also good for making cream sauce with plenty of garlic and lots of heavy cream. Not too sweet, with a pleasant lemony flavor.

Stone Pale Ale

Lemony. There's that word again. I can drink approximately four ounces of this before I have to crawl off to bed, but Chef Boy assures me it's a fine IPA. From the makers of Arrogant Bastard Ale.

TIGI Bed Head Uptight Heat-Activated Curl Maker

It works. If you have moderately curly hair, it'll make you Ringlet Girl or Boy. However, it is heat activated, so you'll have to blow-dry with a diffuser with the dryer set on 'hot'. Which necessitates Biolage Ultra-Hydrante conditioner. Which also works magic.

Since I have been using these two products (four days) I have had three people describe me as "beautiful." That's a better track record than even Dior DiorShow Mascara.

John Edwards

Avoid. He fired two liberal bloggers I adore, Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan (or maybe not; check this space for updates) because reich-wing weirdos got their panties in an uproar. I'm going for Obama this year.

3 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Nope - not fired. Not exactly defended in ringing terms, but not fired. I rate Edwards a "meh" at this point.

Lioness said...

Are you serious abt the TIGI? Wow. Because I have used the Dumb Blonde shampoo and it doesn't do much for my hair so I was abit ready to dismiss the whole brand. Now I'll have to try it, ooh ringlets! Would love to see that on me.

We don't have the Biolage in Portugal, I don't think. Any other suggestions? Think Europe's Armpit please.

Am seriously excited abt the TIGI now, I often wake up with an Afro so I can't wait to see what it can do to my hair. Alas, only after exams though. Only 7 more days, only 7 more days...

Jo said...

PB: I saw that whole shebang when I got home last night. I agree with you: Edwards is a resounding "wev" at this point.