Mongo will eat many things, mostly things that you will also eat. Here is a partial list, to date, of Things Mongo Will Eat.
1. Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries.
2. Nectarines, peaches, grapefruit, oranges, and bananas.
4. Broccoli, cauliflower, potato (raw or cooked), bean sprouts.
6. Candy. Mongo loves candy.
7. Corrugated cardboard, with or without glue on it.
8. Raw turnips.
10. Avocado, but only once and by mistake.
11. Beans of any sort, but not too many.
12. Carrots, zucchini, cucumber, cornichon pickles, sweet peppers, onion (again, only once and by mistake, because they are poisonous).
13. Any nut you could name including coconut.
15. The little white shreddy things in the jackfruit.
16. Socks and underwear.
17. Fruitless mulberry leaves.
18. His own shed hair.
20. Those cornstarch packing peanuts.
21. The latest copy of "Vanity Fair."
22. An old pair of boots.
23. Flesh, fowl, and good red herring.
24. An arrangement of sunflowers I got from the farmer's market.
25. Spinach, lettuce, turnip greens, collard greens, and radish sprouts.
26. Two of my best eyeshadow brushes.
27. The neighbor's pair of water-wings after they blew into the yard.
28. The bags that newspapers come in.
29. Toenail clippings (his own and others').
30. Dryer lint.
31. A Samsung Galaxy 5S.
32. The stylus from my Boogieboard.
33. Ice cream.
34. Coffee grounds.
35. Bitter melon.
36. Black radishes, yucca root, and jicama.
37. Famotidine, still in its blister packaging.
38. The cap from a vial of heparin.
39. Brussels sprouts, with or without butter sauce.
40. Vicks Vapo-Rub.
Anything, in short, except Pink (pictured above). Pink is three years old and is still in amazing shape.