1. My Work Pouch, which contains two small tubes of toothpaste, the caps of which have both come off, one small tube of triple antibiotic ointment, assorted pens, highlighters, dry-erase markers, alcohol swabs, blunt cannulas, needles, tape rolls in various stages of lintiness, and one tablet of...what is this? Orphenadrine CR. Whatever the hell that is.
2. Datebook. Cell phone, with three numbers in it. My Sunnydale ID, with angel pins (2) and horny toad pin (1) and TEAM Playa pin (1) on it. I look like an axe murderer in the picture. The back of the ID has a picture of a 1950's housewife holding a cup of coffee and the words "I haven't had my coffee yet; don't make me kill you" taped to it.
3. A compact of powder so old I don't remember when I bought it. I do not use powder. I'm not even sure it's mine.
4. Two lipsticks and one jar of Carmex.
5. Three hair clips, a barrette, a hair elastic, and a hairbrush. None of which I use during the typical day at work. Which is why I look like an axe murderer in my ID photo.
6. Wallet. Change purse containing one pound of quarters. (I ended up washing the car in the driveway.)
7. Bag of assorted prescription antidepressants and OTC pain medications. When other nurses need an aspirin, I point them to the bag with the warning "Don't take the pretty red ones."
8. A box of Sensa, part of my unending quest to get rid of this avoirdupois around my waist.
9. Max's new rabies tag.
10. A list of services my vet provides for kittens. No word on what services they provide for kangaroos.
11. Four green tea bags. I hate green tea.
12. A book of coupons for products I don't use that I'm going to give to a coupon-clipping coworker.
13. The same damn red rubber catheter that's been riding around in this bag for what seems like forever.
14. A stopcock (wrapped) for a lumbar drain. What the hell?
15. Lint. And some old orders I need to shred.
16. FMLA paperwork.
17. Two paperclips and a book of matches from an Italian restaurant here in town that I haven't been to in 20 years.
What's in your wallet?