Because the hospital where I work is in a big city, we occasionally get famous people in, either as patients or as visitors. And no, I'm not going to tell you who they are--HIPPA and all that.
I was thinking today about who I'd go agoggle over if they walked off the elevator. I've only gone agoggle once over a visitor--a journalist whom I really admired before they retired. I babbled. A lot. And had trouble with the IV pump. It was embarassing.
Anyway, I figure it would be best to be prepared in case some Big Big Star ever walks through the door. So here, in no particular order, are the people who would make me drop my teeth:
1. Isaac Asimov (were he to come back from the dead, that is)
2. Dolly Parton. I would gibber about bluegrass, then faint.
3. Emmylou Harris. See #2.
4. Bob Edwards
5. Patrick Stewart (yes, I am a huge geek)
6. Diablo Cody of Pussy Ranch fame. I'd fall over, then sneak out for a bottle of tequila to share.
7. Garrison Keillor
8. Queen Margarethe of Denmark
9. Nelson Mandela (they'd have to put me in ICU for that one; I'd have an aneurysm form and blow, just like that.)
10. Any one of the guys from Moxie Fruvous
This probably says something dark and terrible about my psyche. If so, I don't want to hear about it.